Friday, June 02, 2006
What's That Smell!
So I am working the night shift for the next couple of days, with both units running it is going to be fairly busy! As soon as I got to work tonight we had to help the off-going shift with some Ted intensive labor, they waited for us night Teds to show up to put in the last couple of burner pairs that are always a pain to light off. Operating burners manually is a real pain, and having to do that with ambient temperatures way above 100 degrees sucks! With that out of the way I began to due my normal operator routines, coffee, donuts....you know the usual!!!! Anyhow, while I was walking around doing my "rounds", I suddenly got a whiff of something malodorous upwind, it brought back memories of an incident involving a new pair of boots and a dead rat! So I locate the source of this stench, and it's a dead sea lion. The poor thing looked like it had been dead for some time. I got a closer look and it looked like it had sustained a terminal boat injury to the the back, it must have slowly floated our way where it finally got held up by our oil booms (rubber floaty thing that's designed to keep any oil sheen from going out to the ocean).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Damn, I hate recreational motorsports. I know you love your engines , Lou, but all that ATVing, NASCARing, WaveRunning and Powerboating crap can disappear. Noisy, inconsiderate and dangerous crap.
Completely agree with TED4. We just had the ROT Rally fuckers come through here.
Ob-fucking-noxious.
I wish I could say that it is the motorsports people but the marina here is full of yachts and some sail boats, there is even an island with a bunch of homes that have canals instead of driveways!
This is the marina area around my plant Naples
Post a Comment