Thursday, June 29, 2006

Design Flaw!

The A/C has been on non stop for the last couple of weeks, it is so warm here lately (mid 80's). The air conditioner has been working really well, although I did have to buy a fan to push some of the cold air around the house. The only problem I had found was on the outside part of the A/C unit there is a radiator that releases the heat to the outside air (I think that is the condenser but I am not sure) either way it is right next to the cold part of the unit and since you are supposed to angle the unit down a little it collects the moisture that condenses around the cold parts of the unit. It is supposed to drain just from the angle of the unit but it doesn't. It started getting a little ripe so today I put some bleach on it and then drilled a little hole to allow it to drain out of a lowspot.

No comments: