Saturday, July 23, 2005
Working Hard For The Money!
My girlfriend was nice enough to visit me at work this weekend, she normally brings food, but I had eaten lunch earlier in the day. I had her come down with her brother instead so that I could show them the plant, thus today I gave my first tour!!! I stuck to the basics, I took them atop the boiler where you can catch a nice view of the nearby beaches over toward Seal Beach and Long Beach, walked down between the boiler through a little catwalk did not really get technical, and that was pretty much it as far as the tour goes. Oh yeah I forgot the part where I had him add some ammonia to our AVT chemical feed tanks explaining to him why we softseat our valves. It then dawned on me that my plant is the perfect place for a young teenager without a driving permit to learn how to drive, so we hopped on in on a little shop truck (tiny chevy S-10) and started doing laps around the go-kart track, I think I had mentioned how we have a go kart track around an old fuel oil tank! Pretty cool hah? I got to explain the whole thing with braking before a turn and accelerating through the apex...you know "Brake in, Accelerate Through!". He was doing pretty poorly at first taking the turns too wide and having to brake while turning, he got progressively better but was still hesitant to use the gas while turning. I decided to do a little demonstration! I showed him how the car actually handled better if you accelerated through the turn. This was one of the coolest days at work yet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
ooooooooo....I'm tellin my brother!!!
Well we got smog too, well not really...we seem to have alot of fish in the intake though. Lately it has been all jellyfish!
Post a Comment