Friday, July 22, 2005
Energy Crunch!
Many Power Plants have been coming offline for unforeseen maintenance issues bringing power reserves to a very low level in California, meaning that at peak hours (about 2-6 pm) all of the plants that are online are operating at or near full load. They issue separate warning levels, and I was reading up on them...it is actually somewhat funny and similar "rigging for reduced electrical" apparently some businesses out there have agreed to be considered a non-vital load, in return paying less for their electricity, but at times where power reserves are low (peak hours) they are turned off! Apparently the magic number for available reserves is always 5%???? Why this is I don't know yet, our business is generation not distribution, but I am sure I will find out soon enough I guess!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment