I will get to the story in a second, let me just get this out of the way. For some reason sitemeter, that counter below my links off to the right, was bugging out. Slowing down the way this page was loading, but whatever, it has seemed to have gone away for now. Not that too many people read this blog, but out of those of you out there that do read from time to time, I am sorry! And keep on reading and leaving comments. But I guess that's enough of that! Lets move on shall we?
So many of the stories we tell involve people we love, things we cherish, people we have met, places we have traveled to, you know, the really cool stuff people usually want to hear about and are captivated by every part of the story. Well I am sorry to tell you this but this is not going to be one of those stories. Instead the story that I am about to tell is about a couch, a couch not unlike any other, but a couch nonetheless. A long long time ago, in a distant land, there lived a young man, a man that went by the name of Lou, for that is what his friends called him. At his best he had a striking resemblance to the bodybuilder Lou Ferigno, for that is how the moniker came to be. When one day he and his roommate Tom, both brilliant Navy Nukes at the time, decided that it was time to get a couch for their pimped out bachelor pad. And so they embarked on a journey, the journey to find themselves a couch. A couch fitting both their needs, and their financial capabilities. The journey would lead them to a consignment store situated in the bad part of town, known as the city of Bremerton. This too being the same city they lived in. There it was that they would find what they were looking for! And so it came to be. There the couch would reside for several years. Many a late night would it offer refuge, refuge from the passing out in drunken stupor. Eventually similar events would lead to its downfall, years and years of abuse cause the legs to finally give way, snap off, catastrophic failure! Now many a man would know that it might be time to call it quits, and lay to rest this race horse of a couch. But no, instead they mend it back to condition with some old phone books and the ever so popular Duct Tape Procedure. When the time came for them to relocate across this country of ours, it was decided that it was best the couch come along. With the help of the ever so resourceful friend they called Flint, the couch makes it safely across the country to the state of Virginia. The couch growing weary from the road has seemed to have lost its legs. Instead of missing just one of its legs, it is now missing four. This somewhat of a tragic event ironically solves the original problem and the couch it seems has found new life, a life without legs. Inevitably though the time came, the time for Tom to go about his separate way, parting with the couch that he had selected years ago. "The diamond in the rough" as he so called it. The time too for Lou would come, and he had to move on, parting with the couch that had faithfully served him for so long. And so the third roommate " the Goff " would have to take over as the new caretaker. The time too inevitaby would come for him to move on. Somehow though, He and the couch found a way to stay together. So off to the far away land of Saratoga Springs they went. And so with that, this story comes to an end. The couch, and " the Goff " living happily ever after in Saratoga Springs. THE END.
Yeah I don't think I will quit my day job to become a professional storyteller just yet, but I felt inspired to tell the story. And maybe who knows, the story of Wally's couch might merit some telling later on?!?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Hey thats funny, I remember riding through some pretty bad parts myself when I was up there, but it all becomes second nature. Even those street pharmacists going about their daily business. Yeah, I feel for you with the whole shiftwork thing. But no worries man, all in due time!
lou, i had no idea you could be so eloquent. it makes me want to tell a story now. hmmm...what to tell? i wonder.
Thank you so much, it is tough sometimes for I am usually a person of few words, I think of it as efficiency! But when inspired, "Thanks Goff" I can usually handle myself!
Dude...I could tell you a story about Wally's sis....I mean couch.
Uhh..
Yeah..
-biff
I plead the fifth on this one!
Dude, according to that map thngy you got there are people from China reading this blog. That's the bomb!
I just want to say I just got off the now infamous or is it famous couch. Still as hard and unforgiving as ever. But after a touching story like that who can get rid of it. I don't even let the visitors of "The Goff" sit upon it. Now if only i had a pic of you and tom I could set it in the corner of the couch in memorium.
Goof, aka "The Goff"
Yeah I like the map thing too, even though its slow as heck sometimes.
Post a Comment