Saturday, January 01, 2005

Technology Overload!

Did anyone else have problems dialing on their cell phones last night around midnight? Too many people were up calling friends and loved ones with their mobile phones. I kind of expected something like this to happen and was planning to be somewhere not so crowded at midnight, unfortunately as with most plans the plan fell through. I did not even have my phone with me, score one for the home team right!? When I did get to my phone, shortly after midnight I called those that were kind enough to think of me at the New Year! Most calls took a few attempts before actually connecting. All the cell phone networks were being overloaded but I got through nonetheless. I was secretly hoping that whatever local base station my cell phone provider uses here at home would burninate from the added demand last night. This forcing them to install a new one, possibly giving me better reception at home. Unfortunately no burninating of any kind occurred, I still get crap for reception. Woke up with a slight headache and watched a little bit of the Rose Parade. Don't really care for football much, so watching all those so called Bowls is not something I care for. Instead I read a bit today, perfect day for that I might add, somewhat of a cool day not quite beach weather yet! Anyway I hope everyone had a great New Year.

2 comments:

Merce said...

yes, can you imagine a more perfect job than getting paid to eat gourmet food and write about it?? haha.

well happy new year, I hope yours was great. mine was boring...I'm back in Chicago though, and back to work tomorrow--yuck.
espero que tengas un prospero ano (was that right?!)

Jorge said...

Thanks, it was great! And yeah you said it right, I still have not figured out a way to do make the funny "n~" on a laptop though. On regular computer its like (alt,1,6,4) pressed together, using the number pad on the right. Anyone out there know how to do it on a laptop?