Today was about as average as you can get. I started out the day by running a wee bit late, as I was about to head on out the door the traffic lady on the news said the freeway I normally take to work was backed up. I decided to avoid the traffic altogether, although I occasionally split lanes in traffic saving tons of time, and much to my surprise it actually is legal under certain circumstances in California, I opted for an alternate path. Since I had to travel a couple extra miles in the morning I had to make up some time. I wont say how fast I was going, but I was pegging out my speedo at times. Driving fast with no protection is really not such a smart thing, the only real protection I wear is my helmet. I have all the gear and jazz that would keep me from getting scraped up in case I took a spill but putting all that gear on just to take it right off is just not fun. Not only was I thinking to myself how fun it would be to take a spill. The recurrent question being "Who torqued that rear axle nut last?" Oh yeah, that would be me!!! I was also freezing my butt off! I could barely feel my hands. Yeah, maybe tomorrow I might wear the gloves at least, we'll see. I got lunch for the guys at work, the little chinese restaurant had no cup holders and gave me a six pack holder from some spent bud light. I thought this brilliant! Recycle, Reduce, and Reuse! Yeah.
The torque spec for the rear axle nut on the bike is 69 foot pounds of torque...Go Figure! You know, just in case someone out there was wondering.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment