He had another episode again, this time I caught it earlier which made him harder to deal with. I really don't like having to deal with this. When someone is Hypoglycemic it is really tough for the people around them. What is kind of funny about this whole situation is that the guy is retired military (navy nonetheless), really gung-ho, really diggity, really annoying. Very much in contrast to yours truly. And when he is not OK, he is real quiet but belligerent. I don't know which I prefer better, probably neither. Aside from that he is a real good operator who I could probably learn a lot from!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
i had a hypoglycemic manager when i worked at peaches, and i had no idea she was hypoglycemic for the longest time. it wasn't as severe as you coworker's, so she would just become a cranky bitch whenever she hadn't had a snack. i really hated working with her because she would get nitpicky about every little thing. then, she finally told me she was hypoglycemic, and after that, we got along fine. every time she would start to get mean, i would tell her to go take a break (yeah, i tell my bosses when to go on break) and she would come back fine again. keep candy in your pockets and offer it to him throughout the day. take some yourself as if you wanted it too. if he gets snippy with you, take out some candy, start eating it, and then act as if it was rude of you to not offer him some. he'll probably take it and get much more pleasant.
Yeah this whole thing is just weird, i hear they sell sugar pills or something like that that are easier to carry. I am not much for carrying stuff around, but little pills should be ok.
That's a great idea, Christina.
-Sean
Post a Comment