So I don't know how much coverage the rain here in Southern California is getting on the national news, and international for that matter. I really don't want to get into all the rain related news, because that's actually what the news people are for. But I will talk about this next topic here, well, cause I actually kind of find it a little funny. Tons of swift water rescues haves occurred, which is common during rain season, but I think there is a new, somewhat funny lesson to be learned here. Aside from the obvious ones, like do not cross a flooded street, lately there has been a series of rescues where the person being pulled out of the water has ended up losing their clothing. The force of the water is so strong that as they are being rescued, the water rips their clothes right off! The poor victims end up naked on the evening news. I find this rather amusing, and I hope this helps more people avoid putting themselves at risk. So if you don't want to end up buck naked on TV showing your jollies to the world, either wear properly secured clothing, or avoid our fast moving, man made rivers and creeks!
I finally got my flash card reader out of storage so I can start playing with my camera again! I cannot wait! I was pretty impressed at how affordable making digital prints turned out to be. Although I still feel guilty having other people do what I can do myself, so I just cant wait to get me a nice little picture quality printer!!!
Did you guys hear about the Sub that crashed, and from what I have been reading it seemed to have been going pretty fast! Makes me kind of glad that I usually always buckled up when sitting RO! So yeah, I think thats enough for today! I still have a few things to take care of, and only a few hours left in the day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Maybe that's exactly what you guys need out there, is for someone to flash the camera to get the interest of the media!
Ahh, I read from Singapore's papers that the weather is crazy over at N. Europe! Avalanches, floods... it's global warming I tell ya. Hope everything's all right over at where you are! (:
Well LinF sounds like you are enjoying yourself on the East Coast!!!!
Thanks Joyce, i think you meant N. America but its all good, I too have noticed our weather making international news.
Post a Comment