Thursday, March 29, 2007

Radial Pull

Apparently buying cheapo tires does come at a price too. For a while now I have been buying my tires at this place in the not so good part of south central ( think 3 bays, and a bunch of floor jacks) they work on about 10 cars at a time and their is always a huge line...it's cause the prices are great! But if you take in your wheels, don't tell anyone one though cause it's a secret, it's like a free pass to the front of the line!!!!! So....they only stock generic tires though, anything brand name needs to be ordered from a local warehouse. So I went generic, and man was it a learning experience. One of the old tires had indeed worn out unevenly, and those tires had never ever been rotated, so of course with the new tires on and the car pulling to one side I suspected the alignment. After it was aligned it still pulled, and they told me it was something known as radial pull. So I went back to get a new tire for the one that pulled and it fixed the problem. Well at least the GF's car got an alignment out of this whole mess, cause I would have never done it if it weren't for that messed up tire! Speaking of messed up cars, I just love watching this clip of the Ferrari wreck at the local track, I love how the purr of the powerstroke diesel just overpowers everything at the end there!

1 comment:

nate said...

DOH!