Wednesday, May 17, 2006
Sending It In!
I finally got the courage to call the HP people to have my laptop fixed. I was surprised to find out that the total price on the fix is less than what I would have paid for a new video card. I don't know how that is possible, but somehow they are going to fix it for way cheaper then what I was going to fix it for. Speaking of which I found it fairly odd that when I did call HP to send in my laptop I had a little bit of a hard time communicating with the tech support guy with an Indian accent, coincidentally the people speaking in the background had Indian accents too. I thought nothing of it until I watched the latest episode where homestar alluded to the outsourcing of tech support to India!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Yeah, my company's writing a plan for that very thing.
Somehow it is cheaper for them to do it!
That homestar clip is amazingly similar to a experience I had a little over a year ago. It was with Sprint though. I kept trying to get the military discount (I know, I know) for both my wife and I. Turns out that everytime I called in, I just happened to get the dude with the Indian (red dot, not feather) accent. They kept giving us the discount on one phone, but not the other. We finally went to the Sprint store in Silverdale. That's how I found out about all the outsourcing to India. He said that they have had an ass-load of problems because people in India don't understand many American things (like a military dependent getting a military discount). The Sprint guy had a direct number to a call center in Louisiana, and he had us all fixed up in about ten minutes, and we haven't had a problem since then. God bless the USA.
wow, it's good to hear from someone new! Thanks for the comment Jason!
Oh and by Indian I did mean from the asian continent!
Post a Comment