Thursday, March 30, 2006
In Shock!
So I get a call from the landlord today while I was at work, he told me he found an empty envelope (that I had placed in my mailbox with the rent) near the trash with his name on it when he came by to mow our lawn. This meant that somebody had gone into our mailbox and stolen my mail, fortunately the morrones were dumb enough to not realize that they threw it away in an area that was still part of the house. I got lucky, lucky that it was trash day and that my trash pickup area appears to be in a different house, the hoodlums were dumb enough to get it confused and dumped the evidence in my own trash. I immediately put a stop payment on the check with a note saying the check had been stolen. I then got worried about them stealing my identity a bit, so I also decided to close out my checking account. I expressed my concern to my bank and they feel that I am safe, but I am still wondering if there is anything else that I can do to cover my butt? I still felt bad, I decided to file a police report, even though I don't think it is worth it, but the cop was nice enough to put it in the system. I don't even think it's worth setting up some sort of sting operation with a fake check and some hidden cameras? I am sure I will figure out what more I can do later! Maybe I can finally get that twelve gauge I have been wanting for a while!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
wow, that really sucks. I hope that nothing horrible comes of it. I'm sure it won't though. Sounds like some stupid criminals, and it looks like you got lucky.
Yeap!
Post a Comment