Friday, January 06, 2006
Is Biff Really From Texas?
Let me just say that the Rose Bowl was a pretty darn good game, it was some what of a sad thing to see the home team lose...but overall it was a good game. Speaking of which, I was at the airport this Tuesday where I found myself surrounded by a bunch of Texans that had just flown in from Dallas. I guess they were in town for the game since they all had longhorn memoribilia on, and they all talked kind of funny for some reason! When it kind of hit me....If Biff is from Texas, and Texan's talk funny, then one could logically conclude that Biff must talk funny as well! Since Biff does not talk with that twang in his voice I wondered if Biff was really from Texas? I stopped soon after that and realized that I needed a hobby, at least until I get my internet back since DSL in my area sucks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
i also find it odd that biff grew up unscathed.
Austin isn't really TX. It's full of hippies.
HAHA!
So yeah, Rose Bowl. After they won, tons of people stormed the campus. You can see some of them here.
The problem with this is that this location is approx .5 miles from my house. Amy and I woke up to "hootin' and hollerin'". I wanted to call in an airstrike.
It would have solved a lot actually. See, all the real estate there is being vacated by local shops that have been there for DOZENS of years. That ominous glowing red CO-OP sign you see in the background has been buying up all the real estate and doing a couple of different things:
1) Turning it into more spin-offs of their crap (they have one for women, a shitty clothing store, a giant txt book store with FLOORS of UT trinkets and shirts)
2) Raising the rent to where only crappy chains can afford to move in (Turban Outfitters, Chipoltlelelele, a TWO STORY Sprint Store, etc)
3) Just leaving it vacant. There is SO much dead space for lease. Yeah, and I called about one - 500sqft for about 2500/month. No shop for Biff.
Anyway, at 12am, I thought an airstrike would do the place some good. Start things anew you know?
Oh yeah, and it doesn't help that the Scientologists just bought and took over the only half-way decent arcade in Austin (also in that area). Fuckers.
I think it says a lot about a university and it's people when all I can find near campus is burnt orange t-shirts, overpriced shit for my apartment that I don't need, or a cell phone that I already have.
It's not a place to be anymore.
I heard a nice car wreck, relished in thoughts that somebody's mommy and daddy was going to be mad tomorrow, and dozed off. Amy was up until 2a, when the noise finally subsided.
Yeah, so in conclusion, football sucks.
And to answer your question, I really am from TX. I guess my parents done taught me well.
I guess it's true the Biffster is truly from Texas!
yeah, i of course knew the whole thing about austin not really being texas, but it still has always confounded me that biff managed to avoid any trace. i mean, he must have fought it as hard as i did when i got moved to alabama. harder even, because i went there when i was an eleven year old daughter of a librarian and already had a grasp on the spoken and written word.
I don't honestly recall anyone I met with Biff in Austin talking like a true 'Texan' either, including his folks. And I still tell people that Austin is a fairly cool town, it's the rest of the state that sucks.
Besides, at least Biff didn't have the theme to Dallas as his cell phone ringer (my vote for all-time worst ringtone). That goon had the cowboy hat and suit and everything. But I encountered that guy at a rest area in Tenessee, so he may not have been a Texan, but still...
Post a Comment