Sunday, January 29, 2006
Laptop Is Dead!
So my laptop took a turn for the worst today, it died! There is hope though, after some minor troubleshooting I think there is something wrong with the video card. The symptoms started about a week ago where the display would do something funny (scramble the lcd display) then it would shut off, the problem was somewhat intermittent and it seemed to be getting better and going away. I don't think any of the drivers have been recently updated, so I am leaning toward a hardware issue and not a software one. I looked online for a replacement video card, I am looking at around $200 damage for a new one. The problem is so bad now that the display will not work unless it is on RETARDO resolution, so I ordered up the card and it is now on its way! Somehow I wish there were a definite way of knowing for sure what the problem is, and I am sure there is, but I think I prefer the educated easter egg hunt method!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment