Thursday, October 06, 2005

A Whole Lot of Nothing!

I got a call from work to see if I wanted to work the night shift for someone that called in sick, I decided to come in. I got called yesterday too but I really did not feel coming in plus I had some things going on. I wanted to come in this evening with my motorcycle to wash it down, but I really can't bring anything in when I ride, (say like a laptop to mess around with all night) so I brought in the truck instead. I gave that truck of mine a good wash down, and now it is shiny and clean. Speaking of which, I noticed a little bit of a coolant leak around the top of the radiator. I don't know where it is coming from yet but it isn't serious enough where I've needed to add water yet, so I might just ignore until I have time to fix it. I need to rotate my tires too, but my 3 ton floor jack needs hydraulic oil, and the one at the house can't lift my truck. Maybe I'll use the fork lift here at work...but since I need to change the tires out in an X pattern this time, I need to find enough blocks to get all fours off the ground. Maybe I'll just get two fork lifts, yeah I think I will go ahead with the second option! We will just have to see how that goes, I will save that task for the weekend though!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just mind where you stick those forks if you actually use a forklift - last thing you want to do is tear up the frame or shred hoses, lines, or wiring. If you're serious, and it's a fixed fork (distance between the forks is fixed) don't even think about it. I'm all for using what's available, but only within reason.

You can always use a single fork and do one end at a time, block, and switch, until you've got the whole car looking ghetto-riffic.

Take a picture and make some joke about how your wheels were stolen by you.

Jorge said...

yeah we have the non fixed fork and I will do it right...Hopefully!