Saturday, October 01, 2005

Perfect Timing!

A fan motor blew up at work, luckily it was my day off! Apparently some of the windings inside of a 4kv fan motor shorted out and blowed up in what can only be described as a cinematic fireball...or so I've heard. I really needed some time off, which is why I did not volunteer myself to work this weekend. The weather cooled off and thus we are no longer needed to run, lots of wear and tear on the plant for a only a couple days of runtime. Thanks to mother nature we are shutting down the units shortly after starting them up!

I went to the circus today! One of my GF's neighbors asked if we wanted to go with him as his son and I figured it was worth a try. I had not been to one in years. It was the Circus Vargas and it pretty much sucked, although the contortionist ladies were very easy on the eyes. That was really all they had going for them, parking and ticketing sucked. I got tickets for will call, but there was no will call at the venue....I was pretty much S.O.L., but the door lady was nice enough to let us in.

No comments: