Thursday, December 22, 2005
Slightly Believable Yet No Cookie!
Just a few days ago this week my GF forgot to turn off her headlights while her car was parked at work. Fortunately one of her co-workers had some jumper cables and it really turned out to not be such a big deal. Ever since that day however, her car has been idling way too low, enough so that she needs to give it a little bit of gas to get it to start up. Now since it has been idling so low, the engine vibrates too much when loaded at idle (i.e. car in drive or reverse while stepping on the brake). A funny rattling noise would come from somewhere under the hood when at a red light while in drive, only to quickly disappear when the engine would come up to a more normal speed. Fearing I needed to take it in to get checked out just on her explanation of the symptoms , I figured I could at least give it a once over before taking it in. Since it is idling funny after the test discharge I figured it might be the right thing to take it in to the pros. I finally looked at it today and of all the things, of all the things that could be wrong with it....do you guys know that stand thing you prop up on the radiator shroud to keep the hood up? That of all things was improperly secured and rattiling around at idle. I figured this could be the culprit of said noise, and sure enough after stowing it away properly the noise was no more....Women! All I need to do now is figure out how to adjust the idle, and give it a much deserved oil change.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
"Test Discharge"
"Stowing"
"Loading at idle"
I give this post an F-- for naval references.
Sorry to disappoint, once a ted always a ted!
Post a Comment