Monday, August 06, 2007
USPS Still Sux
We had a meeting with the postmaster today, and he was a little more friendly and professional then the rest of his staff. Senia did all the talking, and she did very well. The postmaster claims to not have the authority to authorize this changing of the mailbox location (which he does), he then went into this long drawn out explanation of time and distance....essentially some random BS to confuse us. I stepped in and told him he was wrong, he got really defensive and told me the real reason he won't authorize this change (poor guy didn't see my left hook coming). The USPS union is the reason, the courier who has been working for 20+ years on the same route apparently is protected by the union and can cry foul when his route is extended. I told the postmaster that the union has nothing to do with us, nor did it have anything to do with postal codes and regulations, however it went in one ear and out the other. I told him to not feed us any more BS cause we could go back and forth forever, so he secured feeding us his bull and resumed talking to Senia. He will try to talk the courier into a compromise tomorrow, and we can now pick up her mail at the post office, however I believe we now have the upper hand since we know the real reason they aren't following their rules!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment