So much for kicking back tonight. The plan was to have some carne asada, grilled chicken, rice, beans, tortillas, and some corn on the cob. Instead we had to work our butts off for the first few hours. One of our units tripped on the dayshift guys, but whatever, the unit is now back online. So we had to postpone the feast a few hours, but with business back to the usual now I find myself stuffed!
I finally did get to mow my lawn a couple days ago, the funny part is that even after two years of not running, the lawn mower started right up! Well....kind of! The carb was dirty, as one could probably expect on something that was not properly prepared for storage. I think the float bowl (I think that's what it is called since it has been years since I studied carburetors) was stuck open and just passing gas through. The mower hydro-locked and it wouldn't turn over anymore. I then took out the spark plug, I decided on leaving it plugged in, you know just to make sure I had good spark! I cranked the engine some more to spray out all the gas, luckily I didn't burn anything down. Once I had all the gas out I tried finding some carb cleaner, but all I had was some brake and parts cleaner. Which is kind of the same thing I think? So I soaked up the air inlet with some brake cleaner and cranked it over with the spark plug back in now, sure enough it starts right up (for about 30 seconds or so). After repeating this step a couple of times I felt comfortable adding some gasoline to the tank and it ran just fine. I think this is the first time I have ever cleaned out a carburetor, even though it really doesn't count since I didn't take anything apart!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Jorge es en fuego!
The Lou is on fire!
Post a Comment