Monday, January 03, 2011

The Way Things Used to Be!

Let me try something new this year....I love my hometown, I love it's history, it's culture the melting pot it has become, it's diversity and more importantly I love how fast it can change. I really miss my Dad sometimes, he came to California in the 50's and got to see many of things that make this area one of the coolest places to live in being built. I love watching old movies filmed in the area, one of my favorite being the original "Gone in Sixty Seconds" for the simple reason that the chase scene passes through the old Datsun headquarters in Torrance off the 110 fwy, where as I knew it as the Nissan building growing up...and now it is something completly different. Growing up I learned a lot from my surroundings, and still desiring to know more I miss having someone to chat with about these things. Every time I find something interesting about my area I will try to post about it here...

No comments: