Friday, September 24, 2010

7 Years Ago!

I finished my 6 years of active duty and left Norfolk VA. Don't really remember the exact date since I had some leave built up, meaning I left a little early. Nonetheless my DD214 says 9/24/03, and that is the day I celebrate. Today was a nice relaxed day spent with the wife, sucks that it's a work night for me but at least I enjoyed the night before with some good company and some cheep booze (celebrated a little early cause I knew I had to work tonight!).

On a different although related topic, I broke out the ol' DD-214 a few days ago to make sure I still had it. I did, but I realized that I need a better way of keeping my important documents together...so I got myself a new briefcase. Tomorrow all my important documents, if I can find them, will be in one place. Anything missing I will make note of, and eventually get duplicates so that I will be fully squared away soon!

No comments: