Sunday, January 14, 2007

Thinking!

So sometimes it takes a while putting two and two together but I get there eventually! So it has been really cold as of late here in Southern California, and thus last night, actually this morning was the closest I came at accomplishing my latest mission. We have these golf carts at work, and last night I noticed that temperature was gonna be near freezing, with the wind chill actually below freezing. So after some impromptu fire fighting training I was set up to see if I could freeze one of our parking lots over. Unfortunately we are so close to the ocean that last night was not cold enough, so the extreme golf cart nationals will have to wait!

This led to an explanation for the latest minor symptom on my truck! As I cranked over my truck, the starter seemed to be having a hard time turning over the engine. I had noticed this earlier (as I mentioned we are in the middle of a cold streak) but thought nothing of it till today. Since their performance in the cold is lacking, the batteries are in need of either replacement or maybe some conditioning. The problem with that is that they aren't that old, and I don't own a charger. Anywho, that's what I get for letting my truck sit for about a year while getting the transfer case fixed!

3 comments:

Christina said...

I really hope you get to freeze your parking lot!

Jorge said...

I really hope so too, I am thinking of a new sport...Extreme Golf Cart riding!

Anonymous said...

Do you have maintenance free batteries? If they aren't, you should check the water. I forgot that my motorcycle one wasn't, and it solved my poor cranking problem on the spot.

I know it's been a while since you've messed with batteries and all...