Monday, February 20, 2006
Some TLC for some very old Brass
So I finally decided to take in my trumpet for some much deserved maintenance. I am going to get it overhauled! I may or may not need to get the valves redone (similar to rebuilding an engine) with the old finish to be removed and plated with either some new brass or maybe even silver $$$! My trumpet is really really old, built in the early 1900's and nobody really wanted to work on it since they did not even know what it was. I finally ran into somebody that recognized a similarity to a mainstream manafacturer and was able to get it into playing condition about ten years ago, after that nothing has been done to it since. This is long overdue and am looking forward to playing some jazz on my trumpet.....4-6 weeks after delivery of course! The place I am looking at is in Texas, so I have to mail it in!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
wtf....is fox news paying these ppl?
Post a Comment